Earlier this month, I attended the “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party” ticketed event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the first time. At a cost of $79 per adult (and $45 per child age 3-9, including tax and gratuity), I was initially unsure if this dessert party would be worth the price. But now, I firmly believe that it is worth it! Here are the top 5 reasons why I recommend this experience…
5. Souvenir Stein: If you know the type of Disney fan I am, you are very familiar with my love of merchandise collecting! All attendees of this dessert party each received a Captain Phasma stein. Cast Members handed these out to guests when exiting Star Wars Launch Bay (where the dessert party takes place) to head to the private firework viewing location in front of the Chinese Theatre.
4. Alcoholic Beverages Included: To help justify the price of this dessert party (if you’re age 21 or older), there are alcoholic beverages here for you to enjoy included with your event ticket. Offerings consist of 3 different cocktails, wine and beer selections.
3. Unique Desserts: If you have a sweet tooth, you may want to stay over at Star Wars Launch Bay, skip the fireworks, and just enjoy desserts all night… They are delicious, so creative, and since there are so many options (all are small portions), they’re so much fun to try! Some of my favorite tasty treats included: Blue Milk Panna Cotta with Crispy Pearls, Raspberry Mousse Dome, Passion Fruit Mousse Dome, Freeze Fried Nutella Truffle, and Warm Bread Pudding (with assorted toppings of your choosing, such as vanilla ice cream, chocolate candies, sprinkles/chocolate crumbles, whipped cream, etc.). ºoº
2. Character Encounters: Given that the dessert party takes place at Star Wars Launch Bay, you have easy access to all character meet-and-greet opportunities there (Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, BB-8, as well as freely roaming Jawa Traders and Stormtroopers). After checking in and receiving your lanyard/party access pass, a Cast Member escorts you and your party to your table – on the sign with your table number, there is a specific time noted for you to meet Kylo Ren. You can stand in line to meet Kylo Ren at any time you’d like (as I did) and you’ll most likely have to wait no longer than a moment or two, but I did think it was very cool to have a certain time when you’re invited to meet “The Commander on the Bridge.”
1. Private Viewing Location: To me, there is no better selling point than the incredible viewing location for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular! Getting to sit down (as opposed to standing) right in front of the Chinese Theatre (unobstructed by crowds) is the most perfect way to experience this firework and projection show spectacular. Plus, Disney Movie Magic, the projection show that takes place before Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, was a great addition to such a fun-filled night.
If you’re a Star Wars fan, this dessert party is definitely a must-do (at least to try it once)! On my WDW visit, I also attended the Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party. I greatly enjoyed this party as well, but did not find it to be as valuable as the Star Wars dessert party. Given the opportunity for character interaction, souvenir stein, and alcoholic beverages, there were several factors that added to the value and overall experience of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party. If you’d like to learn more about this dessert party and find out if it’s the right choice for your next Disney vacation, contact us at email@example.com.