As much fun as the Walt Disney World Resort is, would you believe it can also be very romantic? During our last LIVE Disness Meeting, a question was posed about budget friendly “date night” ideas. Our panelists, together with viewers, offered some wonderful ways to spend some lovey dovey time with your one and only at the World, that won’t break the bank. But what if your budget allows for splurging or you don’t mind dipping into your piggy bank for a little extra bacon to spend on a special night? We’ve got your covered! Here are some Value, Moderate and Deluxe style Disney date night (or day) ideas to add a little romance on top of the magic.
Ideas for a Value Budget
- Share a hammock on the beach at the Polynesian to watch the fireworks
- Snuggle up and enjoy Movies Under the Stars at your resort
- Walk hand-in-hand throughout World Showcase finding the quieter spaces like up the stairs in the Canada pavilion, the marketplace of Morocco or the gardens in Japan.
- Take an evening boat ride to/from Disney Springs from the Port Orleans resorts
- Get an ice cream to share and grab a table down the only quiet “side-street” on Main Street USA
- Head over to the Boardwalk and play some carnival games
- Ride the TTA Peoplemover during the Happily Ever After fireworks show
- Make it a point to kiss for the camera on all the attractions that take photos
- Take a photo on the sleigh outside of Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
Ideas for a Moderate Budget
- Share a spaghetti & meatball dinner at Tony’s a la Lady & the Tramp
- Take a Horse Drawn carriage ride at the Port Orleans Riverside
- Get a couples massages at Sensa Spa (Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs-I highly recommend this)
- Rent a two person Surrey bike at the Boardwalk to ride together at sunset
- Splurge on tickets to the Happily Ever After Dessert Party
- Share a “kitchen sink” at Beaches & Cream
- Dine waterfront and under the stars (any time of day) at San Angel Inn in Mexico in Epcot’s World Showcase
- Take a (tethered) Hot Air Balloon ride at Disney Springs with Characters in Flight
- GET A BABYSITTER! (Disney offers in-room babysitting services)
Ideas for a Deluxe Budget
- Take a guided tour of Disney Springs aboard an Amphicar water taxi at the Boathouse
- Dinner at Victoria & Albert’s; a 7-10 course meal with a butler
- Dinner at California grill & then watch the fireworks from the observation deck
- Private dining at The Grand Floridian with views of the fireworks and a private butler
- Take a private Illuminations fireworks cruise
- Go on one of the many VIP tours Disney has to offer
And these are just a few! Get creative and chat inside our Facebook group, where we have such an amazing mix of Disney enthusiasts that are sure to give you some ideas you never thought of. In fact, if you have a fun date night idea to share, please comment below!
If you would love some expert assistance in planning your romantic Disney adventure, let’s chat about how to get you there. Our travel services are absolutely FREE to you when you book your Disney Destination vacation with us! Click Here to email us today!