Toy Story Land, opening June 30th this year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, will give guests the sensation of shrinking to the size of a toy as they explore Andy’s backyard and see their favorite Toy Story characters larger than life.
Thanks to the three attractions: Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers and Toy Story Mania, guests will be submerged in the playful world of toys. But the real WOW factor may just lie in all the details. The imagineers have outdone themselves with this brand new land. Here are a few fun facts you can dazzle your family with when you get to visit!
- More than 400 toy blocks fill Andy’s backyard.
- In Toy Story Land, Andy’s footprint is about 25 feet long or the equivalent of a size 240 shoe.
- It would take a Green Army Man roughly 12 steps just to travel the length of one of Andy’s shoe prints.
- You would need a backpack the size of a school bus to carry the Buzz and Woody figures that tower over Toy Story Land.
- The weight of the Slinky Dog Dash track and support columns weighs almost as much as 125,000 gallons of milk.
- Together Rex and the Jenga Tower are as tall as 7½ Green Army Men standing on top of one another.
On a scale from 1 to 10 how excited are you for this new expansion at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?