Let’s face it, a family vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort is expensive. However, I still believe that dollar for dollar it’s a great value for all you can receive. The key to getting the most bang for your Disney buck is to know all that is available to you for that premium vacation price. There are so many hidden treasures that seem like they should cost extra, but they don’t! That’s right, I’m talking about FREE. Now sure, you’ve paid a pretty penny to get there and into the parks, but where many other destinations nickel and dime their visitors, Disney includes a whole slew of extra magic just there waiting to be enjoyed. Here is a list of my top 11 freebies at Walt Disney World:
- Ice Water-I’m sure many of you have heard by now that you can ask for and receive a cup of ice water at any Counter Service restaurant. Unlimited.
- Cola Samples– Club Cool in Epcot’s Future World offers unlimited and self-serve tasting samples of Coca Cola products from around the globe.
- Caramel Popcorn– Karamell-Küche in Epcot’s Germany pavilion just might supply you with a sample of their delicious Werther’s caramel corn.
- Drawing Class-At the Art of Animation Resort, a Disney animator will teach you how to draw a Disney character. You do not have to be a guest of the resort to participate. Check with resort for available times.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Cards-Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is an in-park interactive experience in which guests join forces with Merlin to defeat Disney Villains who are scheming to take over Magic Kingdom Park. Guests use maps to search for villain hideouts throughout the park, visit magic portals and use magic spell cards to foil each villain’s plan. Pick up your FREE cards and learn how to play at the Main Street Fire House.
- Movies-Most Disney Resorts participate in “Movies Under the Stars” where nightly a Disney themed film is played outdoors weather permitting.
- Stickers-Many Cast Members, particularly in the smaller gift shops have a supply of Disney stickers on hand. Simply ask a Cast Member if they have a sticker and if they do, it’s yours. My favorite are the ones from Memento Mori-the Haunted Mansion’s Gift Shop!
- Sweet Samples-The Main Street Confectionary often has a Cast Member walking around with various taste-size portions of their confections. Big Top Souvenirs, too!
- Chocolate Samples-The Ghirardelli Soda Fountain Shop at Disney Springs is often giving out chocolate samples. Definitely worth a stop inside!
- Bookmark– At Enchanted Tales with Belle, kids receive a FREE bookmark from the lovely Princess as a memento of their visit with her.
- Campfires & Marshmallow Roasting-Many Disney resorts offer nightly campfires with complimentary marshmallow roasting. However, probably the best version of this is the Chip & Dale’s Campfire Sing-a-long at the Fort Wilderness Resort. Meet Chip & Dale, sing songs, roast marshmallows (small fee here for those-S’mores kits available too) and take in a Disney movie under the stars right after!
This doesn’t even cover all of the free items to be found at Disney World, but that’s all part of that unplanned magic I’m always talking about. You just never know what free fun could be waiting for you around the next corner!
Planning to visit Disney World or Disneyland in the future? Order your FREE Disney Planning Video! A sneak peek at all the magic in store for your family when you visit, click the link below to get yours!