Last month, my family (12 of us) had the opportunity to experience the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing at the Magic Kingdom. This premium event set us back a few bucks, $69 for adults, $41 for children, but we decided to splurge in hopes it would be a perfect way to enjoy Happily Ever After together as a family. I’m happy to say it didn’t disappoint. Here are my top 5 reasons I call this a “worth it” experience…
5. Location: The Tomorrowland Terrace isn’t typically open. In fact, they say it’s open “seasonally”, though I never seem to visit during that particular season. I love this location and don’t understand why it isn’t utilized more. It provides covered seating for a TON of people. There are bathrooms right there under the terrace and plenty of room to move around, which is really important for families with young and energetic children. The whole idea behind doing this party is so that we don’t feel crowded and this location provides a bunch of elbow room during this Fireworks Dessert Party.
4. A Variety of Beverages: While this dessert party is a “dry” one, meaning no alcohol is served here, they do have just about something for everyone. Including POG (pineapple, orange, guava) juice! Or jungle juice as you may have heard it offered at various restaurants around the Walt Disney World Resort. That was a nice surprise since we are big fans. Sparkling cider, water, lemonade, strawberry lemonade, coffee, tea, milk, and hot chocolate are also available.
3. Not JUST Desserts: While the desserts offered at the Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert Party will satisfy just about ANY sweet tooth, they also offer some savory items to counter the sweets. During our party there was a selection of cheese and crackers, artichoke dip and taco egg rolls.
2. Purple Wall: If you are on Instagram, you likely know that the “Walls of WDW” is a thing and people, many people, take photos in front of them. The Purple Wall in the Magic Kingdom is just outside the Tomorrowland Terrace and the area in front of it is closed off to non-party guests during the event. So take selfies until your heart’s content! There is also a wonderful photo of the view FROM the Purple Wall, which I actually prefer. See below!
2.1. S’mores Station: Ok, so six reasons, but I couldn’t let this go unmentioned! There is a S’mores marshmallow roasting station during this party. Super cool and a big bonus for us since we SWORE we would get over to Chip and Dale’s Campfire Singalong at the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, but never did. We got our fix of S’mores anyway. That’s Disney Magic for ya!
1. Private Viewing Location: After you’ve had your fill of goodies, a Cast Member will escort you to the private viewing location in the gardens in front of the Plaza Restaurant. It’s an ideal spot to see EVERYTHING! Listen, do you NEED to pay a premium to have a spot like this? No, but it was incredible to not have to stake out a location hours in advance or have an obscured view of the OUTSTANDING projection show on the castle. This nighttime entertainment is so much more than fireworks! The technology is unbelievable and just jaw-dropping awesome. Being able to see all the details was absolutely worth the cost.
If you’re looking for a little something extra special to treat your family to during your Walt Disney World vacation, I would certainly consider the Fireworks Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom. It’s family friendly with Sparkling Cider (non-alcoholic) and less expensive than the other Dessert Parties that serve alcoholic beverages. If you’d like to learn more about this dessert party and find out if it’s the right choice for your next Disney vacation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.